Hornady One Shot® Gun Cleaner & Lube Application Directions
Regular maintenance is essential for every gun owner. Cleaning and maintenance go hand-in-hand with firearm safety whether you are working on a pistol, shotgun, or any other firearm.
Observe important safety rules before cleaning and maintaining your firearm with Hornady One Shot® Gun Cleaner & Lube
Here are some simple rules that need to be followed when cleaning a firearm, and if you follow them you will never have an accident:
1. Before proceeding unload your gun in a room other than where you’ll be cleaning it and then triple check that your gun is unloaded before you begin to clean it. Clear all chambers, remove detachable magazines or clear fixed magazines.
2. Never clean your gun with anyone else in the room. Find a special place where only you’ll be while cleaning your gun. Tell your family members you’re about to clean your gun and not to interrupt you.
3. Never clean your gun with any ammunition in the same room. No further explanation needed.
4. Don’t listen to music or watch TV or have any distractions. We hear far too many stories of people who clean their guns in front of the TV and accidentally shoot themselves. Since a gun is a serious tool that needs to be respected, you shouldn’t be doing anything else while cleaning and handling it.
5. Wear eye protection while cleaning your gun. It only takes one spring to hit you in the eye or a splash of gun cleaner in the eye to make you a pirate.
6. Watch the muzzle of the gun at all times and never point the muzzle of the gun at anything you’re not willing to destroy. (If you own a bulletproof panel always keep the muzzle pointed at the panel when cleaning your gun.)
How to correctly apply Hornady One Shot® Gun Cleaner & Lube
DIRECTIONS: SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE
1. With short blasts, liberally spray ONE SHOT® into action and trigger assembly and allow the residue to drain for 30 seconds. Wipe with a clean cloth.
2. Use extension tube to reach crevices that hide powder and dirt. Again, let the formula clean for 30 seconds and wipe clean. NOTE: When using ONE SHOT® for the first time, repeat application three times to thoroughly cleanse the firearm of unwanted petroleum-based lubricants and residue.
3. After working metal parts have been thoroughly cleaned, spray a light film of ONE SHOT® to apply an extreme-pressure lubricant.
4. With extension tube, spray bore and wipe clean. The firearm is cleaned and lubricated and ready for use or storage.
- The above directions are also printed on the product label.
- Please contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.